Most of the transistor circuits that we are going to make will use a 5V power supply. Now, the cell that is usually available in the market is of 9V. So we somehow need to turn the 9V battery to give us a 5V supply. We are going to use the 7805 IC for that. It gives a fixed value of 5V from a range of 5-15V. The IC looks like this :
L7805 pin diagram
So what are we waiting for? Lets get started!! 🙂
~What you need~
- 7805 IC
- 2 Capacitors (Each 10µf)
- Connecting wires
- 9v cell
~What to do~
- Connect 1st pin of 7805 to the 9 volt battery.
- Connect 2nd pin of 7805 to -ve terminal of the cell. circuit diagram
- Connect first capacitor between 1st pin of 7805 and 2nd pin .
- Connect second capacitor between 2nd pin and 3rd pin of 7805.
- Now you will get 5Volt between 2nd and 3rd pin with 3rd pin as +ve.
the circuit in working!
You can then make a fixed one like the following once you completed soldering !
Check out the following links if you are done!